A dear brother in Florida posted a beautiful excerpt from the book The Early Christians: In Their Own Words. This expcerpt speaks of how everything happens through Christ. It is very short; it is only a fragment. Pop over and read it some time.
It was around the time the brother wrote the article that I, too, stumbled across the phrase “through him” in seeking the Lord. The more I sought, the more I found. And, oh, did I find a treasure. I found Christ.
- Grace and truth were realized ~ John 1:17
- God will judge the secrets of men ~ Romans 2:16
- All are justified as a gift by His grace ~ Romans 5:24
- We have peace with God ~ Romans 5:1
- All things came into being ~ John 1:3
- The world was made ~ John 1:10
- Is the only way to the Father ~ John 14:6
- Forgiveness of sins is proclaimed ~ Acts 13:38
- Everyone who believes is freed from all things ~ Acts 13:39
- We are saved from the wrath of God ~ Romans 5:9
- WE EXIST ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6
- We are reconciled to God ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18
- We have access in one Spirit to the Father ~ Ephesians 2:18
- We overwhelmingly conquer ~ Romans 8:37
- All things were created ~ Colossians 1:16
- God disarmed the rulers and authorities and triumphed over them ~ Colossians 2:15
- Grace reigns through righteousness to eternal life ~ Romans 5:21
- God gives us the victory ~ 1 Corinthians 15:57
- Our comfort from sufferings is abundant ~ 2 Corinthians 1:5
- We are predistined to adoption as sons ~ Ephesians 1:5
- We are living stones, being built up as a spiritual house, and we offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God ~ 1 Peter 2:5
Those are just 21 examples in scripture of how things have their place through Christ. There are dozens more in scripture, and I know I have personal experiences of things having their place through Him. I’m sure you do, too. I would love to hear from you and how you have seen things in their proper place through Jesus Christ. Perhaps you’ve got more scripture examples? If you’re up for it, please tell us about them in the comments.
I love the picture attached to this blog post. It reminds me of how clear things become whenever I see them through Him. The picture is entitled “Through droplets…”, and it was taken by Hamed Masoumi. For this and every other pic on this blog, just hover your mouse over the photo to see the title and credit line. Also, if you click on the picture, it will take you to the author’s Flickr page for that photo.