My “date” with the Lord (this month’s theme/subject at 3rdrace.org) last weekend was to do a home project, a “creation” as it were. A date is supposed to be just for fun, for re-creation. A date is for the purpose of spending time with and getting to know someone. In this case, I was to spend time working with my Lord and getting to know Him better: a practical application and expression of working in and through Him (Phil2:13). The project was to make a courtyard out of the front entrance area of the house.
As an engineer, I love “creating.” Creating is in the DNA of humanity. Why? It is because it’s in His nature. While only God truly creates, we “re-create” as a picture of Him who is the true Creator. God is still, and will forever be, in the creation business. Why? Because His eternal purpose in creating the visible realm we live in is: for the increase: to enlarge the dance: to share the flow of the interchange of the divine fellowship of the “Three in One” to a fourth: the New Humanity: the body of His Son.
The Project: build a wall and a fire pit, and shade the courtyard from the sun for the fern (an Australian Tree Fern). The wall will carry the watering and electrical systems needed for the plants and lighting, respectively. The fire pit is for evening conversations (Mal3:16).
During my date with Him, there is a continual cloud (Num9:15) of learning taking place about/through Him who is our true Courtyard:
- The sail shades are a shadow of Him as the true Tent, THE Man of the Altar and the Tent. He is the Cloud by day (the Tent) and the Pillar of Fire by night (the Altar), as the true Wall, He is a many-membered corporate expression: a manifestation of “many stones” fitly joined together to be an expression of Him as an encompassing Wall (Eph2:21). He as the Wall (manifested through the brethren) is our refuge (Ps91). But these stones are not just ordinary stones. These stones are actually living stones: Wha..?? They have flowing elements inside of them!
- Inside, there are wires with current flowing through them (The Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit) and when the light fixture elements are excited, they function to express Him as the true Light. It is interesting that in this project there just happens to be exactly twenty-four lights on the wall (I counted them). Hmmm. …It’s as if the walls are saying, “We give You thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who are and who were, because You have taken Your great power (pictured in the current flowing through the wires) and have begun to reign.” (Rev11:17).
- There is also tubing inside the wall to flow water to the plants in the “Garden,” an expression of Him as the Living Water.
- Next, entering His court (Ps100:4) through the open entrance (Matt 27:51) one encounters the first central theme: a fire pit (Ex27). It’s a place for burning wood (a picture of the New Humanity consumed on the Altar (Holy Spirit) and impassioned for her Lord) which is a picture of the true Altar in heaven consumed in passion for His Father and vice versa.
- Surrounding the fire pit are seven golden places reminding me of how He moves us through the constant rhythm of the seven days of creation to continually enlarge our knowing of Him as THE Architect.
- Next, moving through the right hand side of the courtyard we see elements that speak of Him as the Garden.
- And after passing over the waters flowing from a rock (Neh9:15) we come to the Australian Tree Fern. A reminder of the Tree of Life in the midst of the Garden.
So in my date with the Lord, just like the Master Architect when he created the universe with the imprint of Christ in everything so we would get to know Him, …as I worked and re-created, the Lord revealed to me that portions of the imprint of Christ are actually flowing through me in the process. Hmmm. So “…God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me…” (Gal1:15,16).